Lotus is a modern full width, 100% responsive WordPress theme that will display great on all devices. View theme details and demo →
Unzip file lotus_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install lotus.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named lotus.WordPress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Adding a logo image
Go to Appearance → Customize → Site Identity to add a logo image or edit your site title. Learn how to update your site identity →
Setting up the menu
This theme has two menu locations, Primary Menu and the Social Menu, used to display your social media icons. Create menus and assign them to each location. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social media icons
This theme will automatically display links to your social media profiles as icons, using a Custom Menu. Learn how to setup social media menu →
Configuring the front page
By default this theme will display the latest posts in the front page. You can assign a static page to display in front instead of the latest posts. Learn how to display a static page in front →
This way you can have a default page, that is a page with a right sidebar, a full width page or your portfolio display in front, instead of the latest posts.
Lotus comes also with a custom template with featured content designed especially for the home page.
- Create a page and assign the Home Page template to it. Learn how to change page templates →
- Assign this page to display in front as explained above.
You can feature pages or posts to this page as explained below.
- Create a page or post.
- Add a featured image to it, suggested image size is 2000x1000px.
- In the bottom of the right column of your editor, there’s a section Feature Post in the Slider, check the box to Feature the post in the front page slider.
- Do this process for as many pages or posts that you need to display in the front page.
The page excerpt will be displayed below the title in the featured pages. You can customize it by using the excerpt field.
Testimonials are displayed only in the front page.
- In your Dashboard go to Testimonials → Add New.
- Add the content as you would to a normal post. Featured images will be resized to 120px square.
Custom header images are displayed throughout the website. In single posts, pages or portfolio entries the custom header is displayed when there is no featured image available.
In your Dashboard go to Appearance → Customize → Header Images. Add the images you want to display. You can add more than one and randomize them.
In single posts, pages and portfolio entries you have the ability to have a different image for each page by adding a featured image to each post or page. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
Suggested image size for featured images and custom header images is 2000x1000px.
First create a page. Assign the Portfolio template to the newly created page. Learn how to change page templates →
Add the page to the menu or have it display in the front page as explained above.
- In your Dashboard go to Project Entries → Add New.
- Add a featured image to each portfolio entry. The image will be resized to 2000x1000px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- Default: Content page with a right sidebar.
- Full width: Content page with no sidebar.
- Portfolio: Page to display all your portfolio entries.
- Right sidebar: Visible in default pages, single posts and portfolio entries.
- Footer widgets: Visible throughout the website, in the footer.
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.