Qwest is a modern blog and portfolio WordPress theme with clean and responsive design. View theme details and demo →
Unzip file qwest_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install qwest.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named qwest.WordPress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Adding a logo image
Go to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options and upload an image for your logo. If you don’t use an image the Site title will display instead.
Setting up the menu
This theme has one menu location, the Main Menu. Create a menu and assign it to this location. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social media icons
To add social media icons go to Appearance → Customize → Social Media Icons. You can enable any social media icon you need by adding your account url to the respective field.
Configuring the slider
This theme has a featured content slider in the home page. You need to feature pages or post to the slider.
- Create a page or post.
- Add a featured image to the page you just created, that will be the image that will appear in the slider. Featured images will be resized automatically to 1200x600px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- In the bottom of the right column of your editor, there’s a section Feature Post in the Slider, check the box to Feature the post in the front page slider.
- Do this process for as many slides as you need.
If you’d like to use an image other than the featured image, create a custom field named slideimage and in the value area add the url of the image you want to use. Learn how to enable custom fields →
Configuring the front page
In the front page below the slider you can add some content via a widget to display important information about your company. Go to Appearance → Widgets and add a text widget or any other widget to the Front Page Widget location. Learn how to add widgets →
By default this theme will display the latest posts in the front page. You can assign a static page to display in front instead of the latest posts. Learn how to display a static page in front →
This way you can have a default page, that is a page with a right sidebar, a full width page or your portfolio display in front instead of the latest posts.
Interior header images
As seen in our demo, each page or post has a different header image.
There are two ways to add header images to posts and pages.
- Add a featured image. The featured image will be resized to 1200x400px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- Create a custom field named bgimg and in the value area enter the url of the image you want to display in the header. Learn how to enable custom fields →
You can assign a default header image in case there is no featured image available. To add a default image go to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options and add an image the respective field.
First create a page. Assign the Portfolio template to the newly created page. Learn how to change page templates →
Add the page to the menu or have it display in the front page as explained above.
- In your Dashboard go to Portfolio Entries → Add New.
- Add a featured image to each portfolio entry. The image will be resized to 800x500px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
After that go to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options and add the url of your portfolio page to have the front page Quick Portfolio button to link to your portfolio, or disable it.
- Default: Content page with a right sidebar.
- Full width: Content page with no sidebar.
- Portfolio: Page to display all your portfolio entries.
- Right sidebar: Visible in default pages, single posts and portfolio entries.
- Front page widget: Visible in the front page below the slider.
- Bottom widgets: Visible throughout the website, in the footer.
Featured Images sizes
- Blog featured images: 700x700px
- Portfolio images: 800 x 500px
- Slider images: 1200 x 600px
- Header images: 1200 x 400px
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.