Republica is a clean business WordPress theme, great for lawyers and organizations. View theme details and demo →
Unzip file republica_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install republica.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named republica.wordpress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Adding a logo image
Upload your logo image in the Media Manager, and enter the image url in the Logo Image Location field, in the theme panel under Appearance → Theme Options.
Setting up the menu
This theme has two menu locations, the Main Menu and the Top Menu. Create two menus and assign each to each location. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social Media icons
You can add your own social links or disable the icons under Appearance → Theme Options.
Configuring the slider
This theme has a featured content slider in the home page. You need to feature pages or post to the slider.
- Create a page or post.
- Add a featured image to the page you just created, that will be the image that will appear in the slider. Featured images will be resized automatically to 930x400px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- In the bottom of the right column of your editor, there’s a section Feature Post in the Slider, check the box to Feature the post in the front page slider.
- Do this process for as many slides as you need.
By default, the page/post title will be the slide’s caption and the slide will link to the page/post.
If you’d like to use an image other than the featured image, create a custom field named slideimage and in the value area add the url of the image you want to use.
If you want a different caption create a custom field named slidetitle and in the value area add the caption you need.
If you want the slide to link to a different url create a custom field named slidelink and the value area add the url you want the slide to link when clicked upon. Learn how to enable custom fields →
Featured content section
Below the slider there is another section where you can promote your services or products by featuring some posts or pages. To feature a post or page in that area, in the bottom of the right column you will see another section as seen in the screenshot above. Just check the box to feature the post in the front page below the slider.
You need to add a featured image to the page you just featured which will be resized to 236x125px. The excerpt will be added automatically, but you can add your own custom text by using the excerpt field in the right column.
- Default page: Content page with right sidebar.
- Page with sidebar: Same as default plus an Inner Sidebar widget location.
- Full width: Full width page with no sidebar. Learn how to change page templates →
This theme has five widget ready locations.
- Below the slider widget; this is the widget that displays in the front page, below the slider.
- Inner sidebar; this widget location is active only in pages that use Page with sidebar template.
- Right sidebar; this location is visible in default pages, blog and single posts.
- Footer widgets; are the widgets in the footer, visible throughout the website.
- Partner widget; is the widget above the footer that you can use to display partner logos or any other info.
Featured Images sizes
- Slider images : 930 x 400px
- Featured posts images : 236 x 125px
- Blog featured images : 200 x 200px
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.