Space Color is a clean and minimal business WordPress theme. View theme details and the demo →
Unzip file spacecolor_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install spacecolor.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named spacecolor.wordpress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Adding a logo image
Go to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options and upload the image you want as your logo. If you decide to use only text as your logo, the Site Title will be the logo, which you can edit in the General Settings of your website.
Setting up the menu
This theme has only one menu location, the Main Menu. Create a menu assign it to this location. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social media icons
To add social media icons to the footer go to Appearance → Customize → Social Media Icons. You can enable any social media icon you need by adding your account url to the respective field.
Configuring the slider
This theme has a featured content slider in the home page. You need to feature pages or post to the slider.
- Create a page or post.
- Add a featured image to the page you just created, that will be the image that will appear in the slider. Featured images will be resized automatically to 890x450px. Slide thumbs will be 100x75px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- In the bottom of the right column of your editor, in the Custom Post Features box, check the box to Feature the post in the front page slider.
- Do this process for as many slides as you need.
By default, the page/post title will be the slide’s caption and the slide will link to the page/post.
If you want a different caption create a custom field named slidetitle and in the value area add the caption you need.
If you want the slide to link to a different url create a custom field named slidelink and the value area add the url you want the slide to link when clicked upon. Learn how to enable custom fields →
Configuring the front page
In the front page below the slider, this theme will display the latest posts by default. You can assign a static page to display in front instead of the latest posts. Learn how to display a static page in front →
This way you can have a default page, that is a page with a right sidebar or a full width page display in front instead of the latest posts.
This theme comes also with another page template that displays featured posts or pages as you can see in the demo. To achieve this:
- Create a page and assign the Featured Posts template to this page. Learn how to change page templates →
- Assign this page to display in the front of your website as explained above.
To feature a post or page in this section, open a page in the editor and in the bottom of the right column of your editor, in the Custom Post Features box, check the box to Feature the post in the featured posts section.
The excerpt will be added automatically, but you can add custom text to it by using the excerpt field.
This theme comes with one widget location, the Right Sidebar. This sidebar is visible in the default page template, blog and single posts. Learn how to add widgets to your theme →
Featured Images sizes
- Slider images : 890 x 450px
- Slider thumbs : 100 x 75px
- Blog featured images : 550 x 275px
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.