Egesto is a dark WordPress theme featuring a portfolio and team members section, great for business & corporate websites.
Unzip file egesto_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install egesto.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named egesto.WordPress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Activate child theme
This theme enables you to create and activate a child theme with just one click, which is the recommended way to modify themes. Learn how to create a child theme →
Adding a logo image
Go to Appearance → Customize → Site Identity to add a logo image or edit your site title. Learn how to update your site identity →
Setting up the menu
This theme has three menu locations, the Primary Menu (main menu), Front Menu (menu in the front page, below the slogan) and Social (the menu to display your social media profiles). Create menus and assign them to each of the available locations. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social media icons
This theme will automatically display links to your social media profiles as icons, using a Custom Menu. Learn how to setup social media menu →
In your Dashboard go to Appearance → Customize → Header Images. Add the image you want to display. You can add more than one and randomize them. The images will show at the header in the front page.
Configuring the front page
In the front page below the header image, this theme will display the latest posts by default. You can assign a static page to display in front instead of the latest posts. Learn how to display a static page in front →
This way you can have the Home Page template, a default page, that is a page with a right sidebar, a full width page, team members or your portfolio display in front, instead of the latest posts.
Home page template
This theme comes with a custom made template to create an attractive and very functional home page, just like in our demo.
- Create a page and assign the Home Page template to it. Learn how to change page templates →
- Add a featured image to this page, which will be resized to 2000x600px.
- Assign this page to display in the front of your website Learn how to display a static page in front →
- Note that the content with the featured image of this page will display in the bottom section of the home page.
- To add the call to action button as in our demo use this html code in a html block
<a class="actionbutton" href="url to link to">Button Text</a>
At the top of the Home Page template you can feature some posts or pages to display your services or important products.
- Check the box in the bottom of the right column when you edit a page or post to Feature it in the front page.
- Add a featured image, which will be resized to 290x150px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- The excerpt will be added automatically, but you can add your own custom text by using the excerpt field in the right column.
At the bottom of the Home Page template the latest three portfolio entries will be displayed.
To change the title of each section and the link to your portfolio page in the Home Page template, in your Dashboard go to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options.
First create a page. Assign the Portfolio template to the newly created page. Learn how to change page templates →
Add the page to the menu or have it display in the front page as explained above.
- In your Dashboard go to Portfolio → Add New.
- Add a featured image to each portfolio entry. The image will be resized to 300x300px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- Create a page and assign the Team page template to it. Learn how to change page templates →
- Add the page to the menu.
- In your Dashboard go to Team Members → Add New.
- Add a featured image which will be resized to 300x340px.
- Add some content and links to each members social media accounts in the right column of the editor.
- Home page: Custom page to display in front.
- Default: Content page with right sidebar.
- Full width: Full width page, no sidebar.
- Team page: Page to display the team members.
- Portfolio: Page to display portfolio entries.
- Right sidebar: This location is visible in default pages, blog, single posts and single portfolio.
- Footer widgets: Visible throughout the website, in the footer.
Featured Images sizes
- Header image: 2000 x 600px
- Blog featured images: 300 x 340px
- Services images: 290 x 150px
- Portfolio images: 300 x 300px
- Team member images: 300 x 340px
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.