Sol is a creative agency WordPress theme with nice css3 animations and 100% responsive design.
Unzip file sol_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install sol.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named sol.WordPress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Adding a logo image
Go to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options and upload an image for your logo. If you don’t use an image the Site title will display instead.
Go to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options and upload an image for your header in the respective field. Maximum suggested size is 2000x1000px. On top of the header image the Site description will be displayed, which you can edit under Appearance → Customize → Site Identity.
Setting up the menu
This theme has one menu location, the Main Menu. Create a menu and assign assign it to this location. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social media icons
To add social media icons to the footer go to Appearance → Customize → Social Media Icons. You can enable any social media icon you need by adding your account url to the respective field.
Configuring the front page
In the front page below the header you can add some content via a widget to display important information about your company. Go to Appearance → Widgets and add a text widget or any other widget to the Front Page Widget location. Learn how to add widgets →
By default this theme will display the latest posts in the front page. You can assign a static page to display in front instead of the latest posts. Learn how to display a static page in front →
This way you can have a default page, that is a page with a right sidebar, a full width page, your portfolio or your team members display in front instead of the latest posts.
This section is visible only in the front page. The text section in the left of services is a widget. Go to Appearance → Widgets and add a text widget to Services Widget location. Learn how to add widgets →
To add a service create a page or post. In the bottom of the right column check the box to Feature the Post in Services. The excerpt will appear automatically. You can manage the text by using the Excerpt filed in the right column.
First create a page. Assign the Team Page template to the newly created page. Learn how to change page templates →
Add the page to the menu or have it display in the front page like in our demo as explained above.
- In your Dashboard go to Team Members → Add New.
- Add a featured image. The image will be resized to 525x600px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- Below the featured image section you will see fields to add social media links for each team member.
First create a page. Assign the Portfolio Page template to the newly created page. Learn how to change page templates →
Add the page to the menu or have it display in the front page as explained above.
- In your Dashboard go to Portfolio Entries → Add New.
- Add a featured image to each portfolio entry. The image will be resized to 800x500px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- Default: Content page with a right sidebar.
- Full width: Content page with no sidebar.
- Team: Page to display all your team members.
- Portfolio: Page to display all your portfolio entries.
- Right sidebar: This location is visible in default pages, blog and single posts.
- Front page widget: Visible in the front page below the header image.
- Services widget: Visible in the front page, in the left of services.
Featured Images sizes
- Portfolio image: 800 x 500px
- Team member: 525 x 600px
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.