Kimbo is a clean and elegant business WordPress theme, featuring a portfolio and a powerful home page template.
Unzip file kimbo_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install kimbo.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named kimbo.WordPress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Activate child theme
This theme enables you to create and activate a child theme with just one click, which is the recommended way to modify themes. Learn how to create a child theme →
Adding a logo image
Go to Appearance → Customize → Site Identity to add a logo image or edit your site title. Learn how to update your site identity →
Setting up the menu
This theme has two menu locations, the Primary Menu (main menu) and Social (the menu to display your social media profiles). Create menus and assign them to each of the available locations. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social media icons
This theme will automatically display links to your social media profiles as icons, using a Custom Menu. Learn how to setup social media menu →
Configuring the slider
This theme has a featured content slider in the home page. You need to feature pages or post to the slider.
- Create a page or post.
- Add a featured image to the page you just created, that will be the image that will appear in the slider. Featured images will be resized automatically to 1200x400px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- In the bottom of the right column of your editor, there’s a section Custom Post Features, check the box to Feature the post in the front page slider.
- Do this process for as many slides as you need.
By default, the page/post title will be the slide’s caption and the slide will link to the page/post.
If you want a different caption create a custom field named slidetitle and in the value area add the caption you need.
If you want the slide to link to a different url create a custom field named slidelink and the value area add the url you want the slide to link when clicked upon. Learn how to enable custom fields →
Featured content section
Below the slider in the front page there is another section where you can promote your services or products by featuring some posts or pages. To feature a post or page in that area, in the bottom of the right column you will see another section as seen in the screenshot above. Just check the box to Feature the post in the front page below the slider.
You need to add a featured image to the page you just featured which will be resized 250x250px. The excerpt will be added automatically, but you can add your own custom text by using the excerpt field in the right column.
Configuring the front page
In the front page below the slider and the front widget and featured content, this theme will display the latest posts by default. You can assign a static page to display in front instead of the latest posts. Learn how to display a static page in front →
This way you can have a default page, that is a page with a right sidebar, a full width page or your portfolio, instead of the latest posts.
First create a page. Assign the Portfolio template to the newly created page. Learn how to change page templates →
Add the page to the menu or have it display in the front page as explained above.
- In your Dashboard go to Portfolio → Add New.
- Add a featured image to each portfolio entry. The image will be resized to 700px wide with unlimited height. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- Default: Content page with right sidebar.
- Full width: Full width page, no sidebar.
- Portfolio: Page to display the portfolio.
- Right sidebar: Visible in default pages, blog, single posts and portfolio entries.
- Front widget: Visible in the front page below the slider.
- Bottom widgets: Visible throughout the website, in the footer.
Featured Images sizes
- Blog featured images: 900x450px
- Portfolio images: 700px wide with unlimited height
- Slider images: 1200 x 400px
- Featured posts images: 250 x 250px
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.