Alternate is a minimal and responsive filterable portfolio WordPress theme for creative types who want to showcase their work.
Unzip file alternate_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install alternate.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named alternate.WordPress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Activate child theme
This theme enables you to create and activate a child theme with just one click, which is the recommended way to modify themes. Learn how to create a child theme →
Adding a logo image
Go to Appearance → Customize → Site Identity to add a logo image or edit your site title. Learn how to update your site identity →
Setting up the menu
This theme has two menu locations, the Primary Menu (main menu) and Social (the menu to display your social media profiles). Create menus and assign them to each of the available locations. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social media icons
This theme will automatically display links to your social media profiles as icons, using a Custom Menu. Learn how to setup social media menu →
Configuring the front page
In the front page, this theme will display the latest posts by default. You can assign a static page to display in front instead of the latest posts. Learn how to display a static page in front →
This way you can have a static page or your portfolio display in front, instead of the latest posts.
First create a page. Assign the Portfolio template to the newly created page. Learn how to change page templates →
Add the page to the menu or have it display in the front page as explained above.
- In your Dashboard go to Portfolio → Add New.
- Add a featured image to each portfolio entry. The image will be resized to 250x250px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- Create Project Types in the right column for the portfolio filter to work.
- Assign each portfolio entry to one or more Project Types.
- Default: Content page with left sidebar.
- Portfolio page: Page to display portfolio.
- Left sidebar: This location is visible throughout the website, below the menu.
- Bottom widgets: Visible throughout the website, in the footer.
Featured Images sizes
- Post and page featured images: 780 x 400px
- Portfolio images: 250 x 250px
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.