Indigo is a multi-purpose WordPress theme that you can use for business, non-profit, and different type of organization websites. View theme details and demo →
Unzip file indigo_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install indigo.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named indigo.WordPress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Activate child theme
This theme enables you to create and activate a child theme with just one click, which is the recommended way to modify themes. Learn how to create a child theme →
Adding a logo image
Go to Appearance → Customize → Site Identity to add a logo image or edit your site title. Learn how to update your site identity →
Setting up the menu
This theme has two menu locations, the Primary Menu (main menu) and Social (the menu to display your social media profiles). Create menus and assign them to each of the available locations. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social media icons
This theme will automatically display links to your social media profiles as icons, using a Custom Menu. Learn how to setup social media menu →
Configuring the slider
This theme has a featured content slider in the home page. You need to feature pages or post to the slider.
- Create a page or post.
- Add a featured image to the page you just created, that will be the image that will appear in the slider. Featured images will be resized automatically to 2000x600px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- In the bottom of the right column of your editor, there’s a section Custom Post Features, check the box to Feature the post in the front page slider.
- Do this process for as many slides as you need.
By default, the page/post title will be the slide’s caption and the slide will link to the page/post.
If you’d like to use an image other than the featured image, create a custom field named slideimage and in the value area add the url of the image you want to use.
If you want a different caption create a custom field named slidetitle and in the value area add the caption you need.
If you want the slide to link to a different url create a custom field named slidelink and the value area add the url you want the slide to link when clicked upon. Learn how to enable custom fields →
Configuring the front page
In the front page below the slider this theme will display the latest posts by default. You can assign a static page to display in front instead of the latest posts. Learn how to display a static page in front →
This way you can have the Home Page template, a default page, that is a page with a right sidebar, a full width page or your portfolio display in front, instead of the latest posts.
Home Page template
This theme comes with a custom made template to create an attractive and very functional home page, just like in our demo.
- Create a page and assign the Home Page template to it. Learn how to change page templates →
- Add a featured image to this page, which will be resized to 2000x600px.
- Assign this page to display in the front of your website Learn how to display a static page in front →
- Note that the content with the featured image of this page will display in the bottom section of the home page.
The Home Page template contains a section where you can display your services. Services are added by featuring posts or pages to this section.
- First add some intro text to this section. This is done by adding a text widget or any other widget type to the Services Widget location. In your Dashboard go to Appearance → Widgets and add a widget to this location. Learn how to add widgets →
- To add a service, create a page or post and in the bottom of the right column of your editor, under Custom Post Features section, check the box to Feature the post in the services section.
- Add a featured image to this page, which will be resized to 250x160px.
- The excerpt will be added automatically, but you can add your own custom text by using the excerpt field in the right column.
In the bottom of the Home Page template you can display your Team Members.
- First add some intro text to this section. This is done by adding a text widget or any other widget type to the Team Members widget location. In your Dashboard go to Appearance → Widgets and add a widget to this location. Learn how to add widgets →
- In your Dashboard go to Team Members → Add New.
- Add a featured image which will be resized to 300x300px.
- Add some content and links to each members social media accounts in the right column of the editor.
Team Members template
There is also the possibility to display your Team Members in another page.
- Create a page and assign the Team Page template to it. Learn how to change page templates →
- Add the page to the menu.
- Add Team Members as explained above.
Interior header images
As seen in our demo, each page or post has a different header image.
This can be achieved by adding a featured image to each page or post. The featured image will be resized to 2000x600px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
You can assign a default header image in case there is no featured image available. In your Dashboard go to Appearance → Customize → Header Images. Add the images you want to display. You can add more than one and randomize them.
- Home page: Custom page to display in front.
- Default: Content page with right sidebar.
- Full width: Full width page, no sidebar.
- Team page: Page to display the team members.
- Right sidebar: This location is visible in default pages, blog and single posts.
- Services widget: Visible in the Home Page template above the services.
- Team members: Visible in the Home Page template above the team members.
- Footer widgets: Visible throughout the website, in the footer.
Featured Images sizes
- Blog featured images: 700x350px
- Slider and header images: 2000 x 600px
- Services images: 250 x 160px
- Team member images: 300 x 300px
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.