Styled is a great eCommerce WordPress theme for those looking to build an attractive and engaging website that stands out for fashion agencies, cosmetics, magazine, music, movies and many more types of websites. View theme details and demo →
Unzip file styled_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install styled.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named styled.WordPress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Activate child theme
This theme enables you to create and activate a child theme with just one click, which is the recommended way to modify themes. Learn how to create a child theme →
Adding a logo image
Go to Appearance → Customize → Site Identity to add a logo image or edit your site title. Learn how to update your site identity →
Setting up the menu
This theme has two menu locations, the Primary Menu (main menu) and Social (the menu to display your social media profiles). Create menus and assign them to each of the available locations. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social media icons
This theme will automatically display links to your social media profiles as icons, using a Custom Menu. Learn how to setup social media menu →
Call to action button
To have a call to action button like in our demo here’s the html code that you can use
<a class="btnmore" href="enter the url here">Button Text</a>
You can use this code to add a button in text widgets, pages and anywhere you want in your website.
Configuring the front page
In the front page below the header image, this theme will display the latest posts by default. You can assign a static page to display in front instead of the latest posts. Learn how to display a static page in front →
This way you can have the Home Page template, a default page, that is a page with a right sidebar, a full width page or your portfolio display in front, instead of the latest posts.
Home Page template
This theme comes with a custom made template to create an attractive and very functional home page, just like in our demo.
- Create a page and assign the Home Page template to it. Learn how to change page templates →
- Add a featured image to this page, which will be resized to 2000x700px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- Assign this page to display in the front of your website as explained above.
- Note that the content with the featured image of this page will display in the bottom section of the home page.
At the top of the Home Page template it there is a widget location named Front Widget. In your Dashboard go to Appearance → Widgets and add a text widget or any other widget type to this location. Learn how to add widgets →
You can feature portfolio entries (models) to the Home Page. You can do so by checking the box in the right column of each portfolio entry to feature it in the front page.
At the bottom of the Home Page template there’s a featured content carousel. If WooCommerce is installed and active the carousel will automatically display the featured products. You can feature products by highlighting the ‘★‘ icon in the right of each product when viewed as list by going to Products → All Products in your Dashboard.
You can also display featured posts or pages in the carousel instead of products. If WooCommerce is installed, in your Dashboard go to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options and check the box to Display posts instead of featured products in the carousel. If WooCommerce is not installed, the carousel will automatically display posts and pages.
To feature a post or page in the carousel, just add the tag featured to said post or page. Make sure to add a featured image, which will be resized to 400x400px.
Please head over to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options to change the featured portfolio and carousel titles, and also set the url of the portfolio page template.
First create a page. Assign the Portfolio template to the newly created page. Learn how to change page templates →
Add the page to the menu or have it display in the front page as explained above.
- In your Dashboard go to Portfolio → Add New.
- Add a featured image to each portfolio entry. The image will be resized to 400x440px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- Create Project Types in the right column for the portfolio filter to work.
- Assign each portfolio entry to one or more Project Types.
You can create a simple stylish gallery inside each portfolio entry just like in our demo by using the default WordPress gallery.
- First, in your Dashboard go to Settings → Media. We recommend setting the thumbnail size to 220x220px.
- When editing a portfolio entry, click on the Add Media button above the content editor.
- Click Create Gallery in the left.
- Select the images you want to include in the gallery.
- Click Create New Gallery in bottom right corner.
- In Gallery Settings in the next screen, select to Link To Media File.
- Click Insert Gallery in bottom right corner.
In your Dashboard go to Appearance → Customize → Header Images. Add the images you want to display. You can add more than one and randomize them.
As seen in our demo, each page or post has a different header image.
This can be achieved by adding a featured image to each page or post. The featured image will be resized to 2000x600px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
If no featured image is available, the default header images will display.
In portfolio entries we have created a field where you can upload a Secondary featured image. This way the header for each portfolio entry will be different from the featured image.
The theme does not need any special settings for WooCommerce, it is setup to work out of the box.
If you need help to get started with WooCommerce, here is a tutorial.
- Home page: Custom page to display in front.
- Default: Content page with right sidebar.
- Full width: Full width page, no sidebar.
- Portfolio page: Page to display portfolio (models).
- Right sidebar: This location is visible in default pages, blog and single posts.
- Front widget: Visible in the Home Page template below the header.
- Footer widgets: Visible throughout the website, in the footer.
Featured Images sizes
- Blog featured images: 2000px wide with unlimited height
- Portfolio images: 400 x 440px
- Header images: 2000 x 600px
- Carousel images: 400 x 400px
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.