Delirium is a great WordPress theme for fashion & wedding websites and portfolio websites in general.
Unzip file delirium_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install delirium.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named delirium.WordPress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Activate child theme
This theme enables you to create and activate a child theme with just one click, which is the recommended way to modify themes. Learn how to create a child theme →
Adding a logo image
Go to Appearance → Customize → Site Identity to add a logo image or edit your site title. Learn how to update your site identity →
Setting up the menu
This theme has three menu locations, the Primary Menu (main menu), Footer Menu (the menu in the footer) and Social (the menu to display your social media profiles). Create menus and assign them to each of the available locations. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social media icons
This theme will automatically display links to your social media profiles as icons, using a Custom Menu. Learn how to setup social media menu →
You can change colors of most elements in this theme. Go to Appearance → Customize → Colors and change color of any element you want.
Configuring the slider
This theme has a featured content slider in the home page. You need to feature pages or post to the slider.
- Create a page or post.
- Add a featured image to the page you just created, that will be the image that will appear in the slider. Featured images will be resized automatically to 900x450px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- In the bottom of the right column of your editor, there’s a section Feature Post in the Slider, check the box to Feature the post in the front page slider.
- Do this process for as many slides as you need.
By default, the page/post title will be the slide’s caption and the slide will link to the page/post.
If you’d like to use an image other than the featured image, create a custom field named slideimage and in the value area add the url of the image you want to use.
If you want a different caption create a custom field named slidetitle and in the value area add the caption you need.
If you want the slide to link to a different url create a custom field named slidelink and the value area add the url you want the slide to link when clicked upon. Learn how to enable custom fields →
Configuring the front page
In the front page below the slider, this theme will display the latest posts by default. You can assign a static page to display in front instead of the latest posts. Learn how to display a static page in front →
This way you can have a default page, that is a page with a right sidebar, a full width page, your portfolio or a selection of posts and pages as explained below, instead of the latest posts.
This theme comes also with another page template that displays featured posts or pages as you can see in the demo. To achieve this:
- Create a page and assign the Featured Posts template to this page. Learn how to change page templates →
- Assign this page to display in the front of your website as explained above.
To feature a post or page in this section, open a page in the editor and in the bottom of the right column of your editor, in the Custom Post Features box, check the box to Feature the post in the featured posts section (see screenshot above).
You need to add a featured image to the page you just featured which will be resized 260x145px. The excerpt will be added automatically, but you can add your own custom text by using the excerpt field in the right column.
First create a page. Assign the Portfolio template to the newly created page. Learn how to change page templates →
Add the page to the menu.
- In your Dashboard go to Portfolio → Add New.
- Add a featured image to each portfolio entry. The image will be resized to 260x300px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- Inside each portfolio entry you can have an image slider to display images related to this entry (optional). To create the image slider inside each portfolio entry, you need to attach images to the portfolio entry. Images will be resized to 460px wide with unlimited height. Learn how to attach images to a page or post →
- You can create Project Types if you’d like to have multiple portfolios and can assign each entry to one or more project type.
- Default: Content page with right sidebar.
- Full width: Full width page, no sidebar.
- Portfolio: Page to display the portfolio.
- Featured posts: Page that display a selection of posts or pages.
- Right sidebar: This location is visible in default pages, single posts and blog.
Featured Images sizes
- Slider image: 900 x 450px
- Portfolio image: 260 x 300px
- Portfolio slider image: 460px wide with unlimited height
- Blog featured image: 600 x 350px
- Featured post image: 260 x 145px
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.