Soho is a modern WordPress theme featuring full screen background video and image slideshow. Great for creative individuals and companies.
Unzip file soho_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install soho.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named soho.WordPress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Activate child theme
This theme enables you to create and activate a child theme with just one click, which is the recommended way to modify themes. Learn how to create a child theme →
Adding a logo image
Go to Appearance → Customize → Site Identity to add a logo image or edit your site title. Learn how to update your site identity →
Setting up the menu
This theme has three menu locations, the Primary Menu (main menu), Secondary Menu (below Primary) and Social (the menu to display your social media profiles). Create menus and assign them to each of the available locations. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social media icons
This theme will automatically display links to your social media profiles as icons, using a Custom Menu. Learn how to setup social media menu →
Front page background video and slideshow
This theme has the option to display a YouTube video in the front page background or an image slideshow. However, background videos will not play in mobile devices to preserve mobile data, so it is suggested to configure the slideshow even though you plan to use the video. In this case the theme will fall back to the slideshow when viewed from mobile devices.
This theme has a featured content slider in the home page. You need to feature pages or post to the slider.
- Create a page or post.
- Add a featured image to the page you just created, that will be the image that will appear in the slider. Featured images will be resized automatically to 2000x1000px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- In the bottom of the right column of your editor, there’s a section Feature Post in the Slider. Check the box to Feature the post in the front page slider.
- Do this process for as many slides as you need.
To add a YouTube video in the header, in your Dashboard go to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options, and you will see a field to add the YouTube video url. Add the full url, like below
You will also see an option to mute the video.
Configuring the front page
In the front page this theme will display the latest posts by default. You can assign a static page to display in front instead of the latest posts. Learn how to display a static page in front →
This way you can have the Empty Page template, a default page or your portfolio display in front, instead of the latest posts.
To have a clean empty page like in our demo;
- Create a page and assign the Empty Page template to it. Learn how to change page templates →
- Assign this page to display in the front of your website.
Featured images of each post or page will display in the background. Suggested featured image size is 2000x1000px.
You can disable background images under Appearance → Customize → Theme Options.
First create a page. Assign the Portfolio template to the newly created page. Learn how to change page templates →
Add the page to the menu or have it display in the front page as explained above.
- In your Dashboard go to Portfolio → Add New.
- Add a featured image to each portfolio entry. The image will be resized to 600x348px. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
- You can create Project Types in the right column to have multiple portfolios.
- Assign each portfolio entry to one or more Project Types.
- You can include each Project type in the menu via the Menu Manager. Make sure Portfolios are enabled in the Screen Options of the Menu Manager (top right corner).
- Empty page: No content page to display in front.
- Default: Content page.
- Portfolio: Page to display portfolio.
- Left sidebar: This location is visible throughout the website, below the menus.
Featured Images sizes
- Post and page featured images: 900 x 400px
- Portfolio images: 600 x 348px
- Background images: 2000 x 1000px
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.