Breeze is an elegant full width portfolio WordPress theme packed with features and utilizes the Jetpack plugin to give even more power to your website. View theme details and demo →
Unzip file breeze_unzip_first.zip that you downloaded from us and install breeze.zip file. Read more how to install a theme →
Making theme look like demo
Inside the package you will find a file named breeze.WordPress.xml that you can use to import the demo content. Read more how to make theme look like the demo →
Adding a logo image
Go to Appearance → Customize → Site Identity to add a logo image or edit your site title. Learn how to update your site identity →
Setting up the menu
This theme has two menu locations, Main Menu and the Social Menu used to display your social media icons. Create menus and assign them to each location. Learn how to setup WordPress menus →
Social media icons
This theme will automatically display links to your social media profiles as icons, using a Custom Menu. Learn how to setup social media menu →
In your Dashboard go to Appearance → Customize → Background Image and add your own background image. Suggested image size if not a pattern is 2000x1000px.
To disable the floating particles go to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options.
Configuring the front page
By default this theme will display the latest posts in the front page. You can assign a static page to display in front instead of the latest posts. Learn how to display a static page in front →
This way you can have a default page, that is a page with a right sidebar, a full width page or your portfolio display in front instead of the latest posts.
You can also have a clean page with a widget display in front like in our demo.
- Create a page and assign the Home Page template to it. Learn how to change page templates →
- Assign this page to display in front as explained above.
- Go to Appearance → Widgets and add a text widget or any other widget to the Front Widget location. Learn how to add widgets →
- To create the button as in our demo add the following html code to the text area
<a class="frontbutton" href="url here">View Details</a>
This theme uses Jetpack portfolios. To use this feature you need to install the Jetpack plugin.
- In your Dashboard go to Plugins → Add New and search for Jetpack plugin, install and activate it.
- Go to Jetpack → Settings from your Dashboard and under Writing section make sure Portfolios are activated.
- In your Dashboard go to Portfolio → Add New to create a new portfolio entry.
- You can create different Project Types to have multiple portfolios.
- Add a featured image to each portfolio entry. Featured images will be resized to 700px wide with unlimited height. Learn how to add featured images to a page or post →
To include the portfolio in the menu create a page, assign the Portfolio Page to it and include it in the menu. Learn how to change page templates →
To display your portfolio with Infinite Scroll feature in the Menu Manager, create a Custom link, and in the url field add http://yourgroovysite.com/portfolio/
This a feature of the Jetpack plugin and displays an Older Posts button instead of the default post navigation.
After you install Jetpack plugin as explained above;
- In your Dashboard go to Jetpack → Settings.
- Under Writing section check the radio button to Load more posts with a button or as the reader scrolls down.
This theme is optimized to be used with Jetpack galleries. Here’s a detailed tutorial how to use Jetpack Galleries →
- Default: Content page with a right sidebar.
- Full width: Content page with no sidebar.
- Portfolio: Page to display all your portfolio entries.
- Home Page: Clean page that displays only the Front Widget.
- Right sidebar: This location is visible in default pages, single posts and portfolio entries.
- Front widget: Visible in the Home Page template.
Featured Images sizes
- Blog featured images: 700px wide with unlimited height
- Portfolio images: 700px wide with unlimited height
If you need more help regarding this theme, please contact us.